Oracle Application Testing suite installation step by step guide on windows operating system.
Oracle Functional Testing’s OpenScript scripting platform has the following system requirements:
- Operating System (32-bit and 64-bit versions): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 2008
- Memory: Minimum 1 GB
- System: x86, 32-bit or 64-bit processor, 2.6 GHz or faster
- Disk Space: 4 GB minimum
- Browser: Internet Explorer 6.x, 7.x, 8.x. and Firefox 3.5/3.6
Pre requisite :
Oracle XE Data base- 11g Express edition
Oracle 11G DB – http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/express-edition/downloads/index.html
OATS Tool Download link – http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/downloads/index-084446.html
Steps for Oracle 11G DB Installation:
1. Unzip Oracle 11G zip file downlaoded above
2. Click on setup.exe
3. Wait for Installation wizard
4. Wizard will popup for entersing sys or administration password
5. Enter password and confirm password . (Important : Note down password given, we need this in while Open script installation)
Steps for OATS Tool Installation:
1. Unzip OATS Tool downloaded above.
2. Click on setup.bat file.
3. Wait for installation wizard.
4. Accept license agreement.
5. Wizard will prompt for complete installation or custom installation
Complete Installation- All the OATS components will be installed
Custom Installation- Yo can choose specific modules to be installed
6. We will perform Complete installation, select Complete radio button.
7. Next window will prompt you to configure existing Oracle XE data base or Ignore and setup manually later.
8.As we have already installed oracle Data base , lets select Configure existing data base
9. Click on Next
10. In next window system will prompt to enter host/port/username/password
11. Keep all fields except password
12. Enter DB password given while Oracle 11g XE data base installation.
13. Click Next
14. Installation would take 30-40mins , depending on your system speed.
15. Wait for installation to complete
17. Go to Windows start search for Open Script or open below link
1. While Installation make sure run as administrator
2. and while opening Open script right click run as administrator.
Please follow Video tutorial: